NEW REQUIREMENTS TO TRY-OUT FOR AN ATHLETIC TEAM
LAUSD has mandated that any student wishing to try-out for a team, even if you are a returning player, must have a medical clearance by an M.D. The following items are found in the Try-Out Packet and all areas must be filled in completely and signed where applicable by you and your parents:
- Cover Page, "Try-Out" form;
- Sports Physical (both sides completed and cleared by a medical doctor, complete with signature and doctor's stamp; make sure athlete's and parent's/guardian's signatures are at the bottom of the form);
- Emergency Card/Sheet (make sure that all areas for signatures are signed and the information is accurate).
Any potential athlete or veteran athlete must have this packet completed and cleared by the Athletics Office in order to participate in any try-outs and any form of practices.
Once an athlete is officially on a team roster (accepted by the head coach), the athlete must complete the athletic packet, which includes the already filed sports physical:
- Cover Page (checked off by coach);
- Sports Physical (already on file; no need to reinstate unless expired);
- Emergency Card/Sheet (additional for coaches' files);
- Insurance Information, including a copy of medical/health insurance card (if no insurance, must purchase through school's affiliated company);
- Release forms (photo, information, etc);
- Copy of report card (not progress, but a 10- or 20-week report);
- Transportation Waiver Forms (make sure complete with athlete's name and signed where applicable);
- Copy of Utility Bill (phone, gas, electricity, rental agreement, cable, etc. Only new athletes must provide this).