CITY YEAR- APRIL 22 AND 29
SUMMER 2014 YOUTH WORK PROGRAMS
1) Be 14 - 24 years old
2) Live in the City of Los Angeles
3) Student’s family must meet the low income criteria or receive public assistance or you are a foster child or homeless
4) Must have the right to work in the U.S.
APPLY NOW FOR APPRENTICESHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS!
Students will experience:
- Growing their own food
- Presenting and conducting outreach
- Business acumen and social marketing
- Understanding social justice and how it connects to his/her community.
The deadline on the application is a date from 2010 so please disregard that.
- High School Junior or Senior
- Right to Work in the United States
- Strong Work Ethic
- Commitment of 6 weeks (6/16 – 8/8)
- Available to work M-F 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Work Locations:
Century City, Beverly Hills) and
Downtown Los Angeles.
Click on the "College Center Locker" and look under the "Jobs" Folder for more information.
COLLEGE CENTER LOCKER
Update (6/12/2020): the Los Angeles unified school district is processing student work permits. Our main office in downtown Los Angeles will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. We also have satellite offices that can help you by appointment only (please see the satellite office directory link on our website for location and contact information).
When meeting with our personnel, please make sure that you are wearing your face covering and please follow social distancing requirements. When requesting a work permit, please follow the instructions provided below. If you come to our office, there is a map provided under our LAUSD parking map link below. If you go to one of the satellite offices, please be sure to have an appointment before you go to the site. If you have any further questions, please email jose artiles, work experience education administrator, at email@example.com. Thank you and please stay safe.