Student Services Homepage
Welcome to the Student Services Office Homepage
The School Mental Health Mission:
School Mental Health professionals promote the mental health, well=being and academic achievement of all LAUSD students.
- Referrals and connections to school and community supports and resources.
- Classroom consultation and behavior management.
- Individual, group and family counseling.
- Parent support and workshops.
- Participation in Student Support and Progress Team (SSPT).
- Conflict meditation.
Students, we are here to help you with:
- Academic Improvement
- Setting Goals
- Feeling Good About Yourself
- Adjusting to a New School
- Problem Solving
- Managing Your Feelings (stress, worry, anger, etc.)
- Dealing with Peer Pressure and Bullying
- Making and Keeping Friends
Parents, we are available to assist and provide you with:
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed
- Improving parent-child communications
- Develop a plan for managing your family's stress
- Information to understand YOUR child's needs
How to obtain services:
Parents: If you have academic, social or personal concerns about your child, you may contact the school's PSW by calling or visiting the Student Services Office in Room 207.
How does a student speak to a PSW?
- Parent referral
- Staff referral
- Referral by friend(s)